Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Follow Your Heart

People always say: 'Follow Your Heart'. But is it the wisest choice? The chance that it is a stupid, unthoughtful choice is pretty big. The chance we get hurt afterwards is also realistic. But then comes the regret if we don't do it. So what should you do?!

I was in the same position yesterday. So the big question was should I follow my heart and go to Singapore, or don't go and I would be sure that I would regret it afterwards. So I made an impulsive choice and I have chosen to get in a plane later today and fly to Singapore for a couple of days...

Yesterday night the doubts came up of course. Why am I doing this etc.? So I watched the movie musical Chicago (the music makes me really happy!) and went early to bed. Like they say: Sleep about it and we talk more in the morning.

So this morning I woke up and I thought about the famous sentence: Don't wait till it is too late! And this is so true! You never know what is coming up next. You never know how people are going to react. You never know how your health is going to be, etc. One of the most important things is not to regret anything you have done in your life, isn't it? Before you know it, things happen and it will be too late and there will probably be a lot of regrets. So then I knew: I made a good choice! I follow my heart even though it is a risk, and if I get back to KK without reaching anything in Singapore, I made a choice! I made the choice to go to Singapore and take the risk. Eventhough it is maybe not the wisest choice. I can honestly say:

I Followed My Heart!

Ps after I wrote this, I realize I made more choices by following my heart. One of them is coming to Borneo for 5 months! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Steph, good job! Always follow your heart, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete