Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just to much to think about

Hahaha, now I sound like a depressed person, which I am NOT!
I will explain it..

I tried to take a nap, but the only thing I did was rolling from one side to the other side,
thinking and wasting my time. But what should I do? My eyes are tired, I want to sleep, but I just
can't sleep. So maybe writing about it helps :).

For your information. I am already 14 weeks in Borneo, doing my internship. And I seriously like it here. I have met a lot of great people and still meeting a lot of great people. It really inspires me to do a lot of things, when I hear their stories. But then time comes walking by. I am working every day (incl saturdaymorning) and I want to give myself entirely to my work and really be somebody, but a lot of times I also get destracted from my work. Probably because of the story a backpacker told me last night or my sweet colleague, ór some photographs I have seen on facebook, ór I am thinking about my family I talked to on skype.

I want to do all these incredible things:
- be somebody in the company I work for now - really make a change in the project we are doing now, prove that I can do it and I am a hard worker
- do volunteerwork for people and animals who really need it
- go travel to all these wonderful places in Borneo where I am now, but where I haven't seen a lot from
- spend a lot and precious time with my family and my two little cousins, whom I miss like crazy
- get my Bachelor Degree because it is important to have a diploma
- want to be a writer and a photographer
- speak Spanish, French and Italian because they sound like songs
- go to Italy and spend time their because it is my dream to live there one day and look back at my life and say wow! I wouldn't want to change anything...

I can make this list longer, but I will save you from that..

So when should I do what?
Now I should focus on work, but what if it is not really paying of the way I want to. I am not achieving anything, it is not giving me satisfaction (yet)... maybe with this new project?

Okay, what about after my internship that is in 7 weeks. First my parents come and visit me and we have 2 weeks together.. then the big choice then comes after that. Do I travel thru Borneo for another 2,5 weeks or should I go home and see my family.. Then I have two weeks to spend with my family, before I have to move to my university city again to work, because the money thing is another issue.. Or should i indeed travel thru Borneo and spend less time with my family????

Then my university. How important is it, to have your bachelor degree? I agree, it is important. But If I follow my heart; I go travelling and do what I love to do. Go from place to place, exploring things and LEARN things. But can I do that? I don't knoooow. I just want everything now, because the thing they say is: don't wait till it's too late! And it is sooooo true... That is why I am so confused..

And i cannot sleep!

3 comments:

  1. I shall say stay in Borneo and travel more.. Honestly, I think you are very lucky to have this opportunity to come down here and learn at the same time explore..It's not that, Borneo is that special, but from my opinion, just being able to travel out from your own country is much more of a fun thing already, what more to be able to immerse yourself in a different culture..

    Anyhow, yes, family is important, but I am sure they would understand and they would love to see you gain more.. I'm sure you missed em a lot, but you can always keep em near jz by keeping em close in your thoughts and heart :).

    But then again, it's all up to you babe!You know best, what ever your decision will be.. I am sure, there will be no regrets, coz way before you were born, it was already written...u are jz unwinding your own life story one by one :)


    p/s: As for the project, so happy that ure involved in it too!Let's explore that project together and get d best out of it :)

    Love,
    Tantinie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you miss your family you should go back home. Finish the next year at uni. Show me around borneo next year;). Finish the last year at uni. Travel the world and the seven seas for as long as you can ;) just a thought. Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks to you both for your nice comments =)

    ReplyDelete